|Employer:||Global e-Schools Initiative|
|Occupation:||ODL,Instructional Designer & Trainer, tutor online|
|Member of classroom 2.0|
Today is:30, September2022Talk with Mbasu
Hi,my name is Elizabeth Mbasu. I am Education Specialist with Global e-Schools Initiative (GESCI), a UN initiative. Currently, I am also a consultant for COL Teacher Futures, Kenya. Formally, I worked for African Virtual University  in the capacity of Educational Technology & Learning Resources manager. I was also an Instructional Designer at Aga Khan University Campuses; (Pakistan-Karachi, Nairobi, Dar-es-Salaam and Kampala) and formally worked in following capacities; Education Specialist at FHI360, Curriculum developer, Teacher Trainer and High School teacher.
Previously, I worked as;
- Full time consultant; educational Technologist and Instructional Designer_Blended Learning,
- Teacher Education Specialist for USAID funded FHI360 - Kenya Teacher Education and Professional Development Program (TEPD) to enhance use of ICTs, develop Kenya Teacher Competency Frame work and Establish Teacher Professional Development Centres in Kenya Teacher colleges.
- Assistant director in charge of ODL at the Kenya Institute of Education
- Teacher trainer at teacher collleges
- High School Teacher
Things I am proud of
- Featured graduate: I am a wikieducator featured Learning for Content Graduate 
- Integrating Technology 4 Active Lifelong Learning. I presented a paper for teach on-line; Strategies
- My collaborative webquest that is already an open resource
- Design Instruction for Flexible learners using suitable and appropriate technologies to reduce costs for learning, accelerate and enrich learning
- 17th – 23th June 2001: Planned, organized and facilitated “The Stem Hotel Teacher Education Curriculum perspectives workshop” for all Teacher College Deans of Curriculum and heads of Departments in Kenya.The recommendations of which were used to review the Primary Teacher Education curriculum (2004).
- 2004: Designed and developed a trainer’s Information and Communications Technology handbook for teacher educators for primary colleges in Kenya.
Reasons for joining wikiEducator Community of Practice
My main reasons for wanting to contribute to WikiEducator is to be part of this largest world on-line community of practice transforming the world from the culture of using locked up static, less quality resources for teaching and learning towards an open culture of freely sharing updated more quality,sustainable and scalable resources.
- Ongoing: ID Development
- Developing a national project for reusable and portable content- (Calling for Freedom in Learning in Kenya).
Elizabeth Okwisa Mbasu
Cell phone: 254 0720 89 80 97
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b0VDItVs4PM?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Feedback and Notes from Members
(: Hello Elizabeth: hope all is well there. It was so nice to meet you there at AKU in person. We have been interacting over this platform so far. Take care, and stay blessed! --Ramesh Sharma, PhD 11:51, 5 May 2014 (UTC))
(: Dear Colleague, greetings. Thanks for your inputs to this workshop. The report is available [here]. I will be happy to be of any assistance in future too. With best wishes, --R C Sharma, PhD 20:47, 22 May 2011 (UTC))
(: Hi Elizabeth, You are very welcome to this eL4C50 Online workshop. Patricia Schlicht, Gita Mathur, Micheal Verhaart and me are your facilitators and will help you in develop your page. Enjoy this workshop and donot hesitate to ask for help. You can either leave a message on our user pages or email us. Warm Wishes.--Ramesh Sharma 21:42, 27 April 2011 (UTC))
(: Hi Elizabeth, Hope you are enjoying this 41 workshop. Take care, All the best. --Ramesh Sharma 18:19 24 July 2010 (UTC))
- Congratulations! You have done an incredible job. I am looking forward to seeing your project develop. Please feel free to ask for help. --Nellie Deutsch 07:55, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
- Dear Elizabeth. Good to see you have put lots of information on your personal page. Its a neat place to try out things and I like to keep all my wikieducator links here also, so they can be found easily when I login to Wikieducator - Michael (Mverhaart 10:38, 1 May 2011 (UTC))
WikiEducator News & Events
|Welcome to my userpage|
| Introduction to Wikieducator|
Friday, June 5, 2009
15:30 to 16:00 (GMT)
|Check your time||JOIN US|
Elizabeth - I like your quote on the top of this page! --Irwin DeVries 14:53, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
WiZiQ is an on line live class. Register on WiZiQ.com by clicking on the link. It is Free.
(: Join  in advance, to participate in the online live discussion. You may interact by typing as in chat or get a mic & headphones to talk and a webcam to be seen.--Gita Mathur 08:56, 2 June 2009 (UTC))
Notes from my Wikineighbours
- Jambo. Great to see you in the tutorial, Elizabeth, and to see your user page. Do you have any concerns about the quality of educational resources developed using an open authoring approach? If so, what are your concerns? If not, how does an open authoring approach contribute to high quality learning materials. --Phil Bartle 05:45, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
Hi Elizabeth, I'm your WikiNeighbour. Welcome to the EL4C24 5-day advanced Workshop. Please let me know if I can be of any help to you. Gladys Gahona., Junior Facilitator.--chela5808 05:31, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
It has been nice meeting you in the wikeducator hope we shall get to know more of each other--parametrs 17:14, 19 June 2009 (UTC)
- Balqis, our facilitator has arranged a Wiziq online support session on 13th June 2012 We hope to meet you there.--Devarajraju 03:16, 13 June 2012 (UTC)