|Employer:||TMU, Moradabad, U.P., India|
|Occupation:||Teaching & Writing|
|Languages:||English, Hindi, Sanskrit|
- 1 ABNISH SINGH CHAUHAN
- 2 Education
- 3 Contents
- 4 Teaching/ Writing Experience
- 5 Research Undertaken:
- 6 M.Phil. Candidate Under Supervision:
- 7 Published Books:
- 8 Course Material Prepared:
- 9 Term Papers:
- 10 Paper Published in Journal:
- 11 Paper Presented in Seminar:
- 12 Selected Articles/ Book Reviews and Interviews in Magazines and Newspapers:
- 13 Papers Anthologized in Books:
- 14 Editing:
- 15 Creative Works:
- 16 Translation:
- 17 Press Release, February 8, 2012:
- 18 हिंदी प्रक्षेत्र:
- 19 My Books:
- 20 My Lyrics:<kaltura-widget kalturaid='0_lm8sfi2z' size='M' align='C'/>
ABNISH SINGH CHAUHAN
Abnish Singh Chauhan was born on 4th June, 1979 at Etawah, U.P., India. He is a bilingual poet, critic, writer, translator and Acting Editor of Naye-Purane. He has to his credit ten books and about thirty reviews, articles and interviews with eminent authors in Hindi and English. His English poems are published by Poetcrit, Poetfreak, The Enchanting Verses International Poetry Journal, P4Poetry, Tigweb, Poemhunter ,Poemsabout, and his Hindi lyrics are published by magazines and newspapers like Kavitakosh, Anubhooti, Srijangatha, Hind-yugm, Rachanakar,Sahityashilpi, Nayepurane, Golkonda Darpan, Abhinav Prasanvash, Pressman, Amar Ujala, DLA, Deshdharm, etc. His English poems are collected in the anthology A String of Words (Prakash Book Depot, Bareilly, U.P.) compiled by Irish poet Marie Shine, whereas his Hindi lyrics are collected in Pressman's Yuva Geetkar Ank and Moradabad Janpad ke Pratinidhi Rachanakar. As a poet, he builds a bridge between his reader and the world of poetry. He draws the reader in from the title of the poem and keeps them captive there until they reach the very last word in the poem. Whatever the subject matter, Abnish's work is most inspiring. He is a poet who is filled with passion for the work he produces. His work arouses the reader's senses and he effortlessly draws them into his world, where his words touch the reader on all levels, through the use of visual details and language. The reader is able to feel the writer's emotions, thoughts and intentions. There is a timeless quality of greatness in his work, which is most appealing. His writings won him the B.S.S. Sahitya Sadhak Samman (2009) from A.B.S.K.M., Moradabad, Hindi Sahitya Marmajna Samman (2010) from Akshara, Moradabad, Pratham Purush Samman (2010) from Uttarayan Sansthan, Lucknow, U.P., Kavita Kosh Samman (2011) from www.kavitakosh.org (The then Ed. & Prof. Anil Janvijay, Moscow, Russia), Madhukar Sahityashri Samman (2011) from Madhukar Smriti Trust, Moradabad, U.P., and Think Club International Award (2012) from Michigan, United States of America for my contribution to Hindi and English literature.Currently he teaches English at a College of Engineering.
- From "A String of Words" (Collection of English Poems) by Marie Shine
|Ph.D (Thesis Submitted)||2010||Devi Ahilya Vishvavidyalaya, Indore, M.P.|
|M.Phil. (English)||2003||Devi Ahilya Vishvavidyalaya, Indore, M.P.|
|M.A.||2000||M.J.P.Rohilkhand University, Bareilly, U.P.|
|B.A.||1997||S.C.S.J.M.University, Kanpur, U.P.|
- Teaching/ Writing Experience
- Research Undertaken
- M.Phil. Candidate Under Supervision
- Published Books
- Book under Preparation
- Course Material Prepared
- Term Papers
- Paper Published in Journal
- Papers Accepted/Under-consideration for Publication
- Paper Presented in Seminar
- Selected Articles/ Book Reviews and Interviews in Magazines and Newspapers
- Papers Anthologized in Books
- Creative Works
Teaching/ Writing Experience
Presently Assistant Professor and Head, Dept. of Humanities, COE-Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Moradabad (U.P.), India, I have been teaching English and Communication Skills to both Under-graduate and Post-graduate students for the last nine years. Prior to joining COE (TMU), I was with the Department of English, C.E.T. (IFTM University Campus), Moradabad. My areas of academic and research interest include British Literature, Indian English Literature, Contemporary Hindi Poetry and Communication Skills. Being an avid student of literature and language, I have been writing critiques and editing a reputed Hindi magazine Naye-Purane and a web magazine Poorvabhas (www.poorvabhas.blogspot.com ) and Khabar India (www.khabarindiya.com ). Apart from writing books entitled Swami Vivekananda: Select Speeches, William Shakespeare: King Lear (A Critical Study), Speeches of Swami Vivekananda and Subhash Chandra Bose: A Comparative Study and Functional Skills in English Language and Literature, I have contributed research papers, book reviews, articles and interviews to prestigious journals, magazines, newspapers and web magazines. Recently I edited Naye-Purane’s issue- Dr Budhinath Mishra ki Rachnadharmita (A Renowned Hindi Poet-Lyricist), which is published on www.khabarindiya.com . I was honoured with– B.S.S. Sahitya Sadhak Samman (2009) from A.B.S.K.M., Moradabad, Hindi Sahitya Marmajna Samman (2010) from Akshara, Moradabad, Pratham Purush Samman (2010) from Uttarayan Sansthan, Lucknow, U.P., Kavita Kosh Samman (2011) from www.kavitakosh.org (The then Ed. & Prof. Anil Janvijay, Moscow, Russia), Madhukar Sahityashri Samman (2011) from Madhukar Smriti Trust, Moradabad, U.P., and Think Club International Award (2012) from Michigan, United States of America for my contribution to Hindi and English literature.
- M.Phil. (English) Dissertation: "A Comparative Study of Speeches of Swami Vivekananda and Subhash Chandra Bose" submitted to Devi Ahilya Vishvavidyalaya, Indore, M.P.
- Ph.D. (English) Thesis: "Alternative Patterns of Values in Arun Joshi's Fiction" pursuing from Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore, M.P).
M.Phil. Candidate Under Supervision:
- An M.Phil. (English) candidate from The Global Open University, Nagaland doing research under my supervision for the session 2008-09.
- Speeches of Swami Vivekananda and Subhash Chandra Bose: A Comparative Study. Bareilly: Prakash Book Depot, 2006
- Functional Skills in English Language and Literature. Ayodhya: Bhavadiya Prakashan, 2006.
- William Shakespeare: King Lear (A Critical Study). Ayodhya: Bhavadiya Prakashan, 2005.
- / Swami Vivekananda: Select Speeches. Bareilly: Prakash Book Depot, 2004.
Course Material Prepared:
- Books- According to the latest syllabus of R.M.L.Awadh University, Faizabad, U.P.)
- A Passage to India: A Critical Study. Ayodhya: Bhavadiya Prakashan, 2006. (Co-author)
- Silence! The Court Is In Session: A Critical Study. Ayodhya:Bhavadiya Prakashan, 2005. (Co-author)
- A Quintessence of English Prose. Ayodhya: Bhavadiya Prakashan, 2005. (Co-author)
- "A Study of Human Bonds in Manohar Malgonkar's Novels" submitted to Devi Ahilya Vishvavidyalaya, Indore, M.P., 2003.
- "Indian Sensibility in Shiv K. Kumar's Poetry" submitted to Devi Ahilya Vishvavidyalaya, Indore, M.P., 2003.
Paper Published in Journal:
1. “Paragraph Writing- A Stylistic Process.” Sanchar Bulletin (Bilingual International Refereed Research Journal: ISSN- 2229 3620). Vol. 1, Issue 4, Oct- Dec. 2011, In Press. Print. 2. “A Chronological Study of Indian English Fiction with Social Perspective.” Shodh Sanchayan (An International Refereed Research Journal: ISSN- 0975 1254). Vol. 2, Issue 1& 2, July 2011, 41-44. Print. 3. “A Study of Human Bonds in Manohar Malgonkar’s Novels.” Nav Pravah (An International Refereed Research Journal: ISSN- 2249-5649). Vol. 1, Oct 2011, 22-28. Print. 4. “Dr. R.C. Shukla’s ‘The Parrot Shrieks 2’: A Portrayal of Lover’s Cravings for ‘Anand’ or Bliss.” Indian Ruminations (www.indianruminations.com/contents/dr-r-c-shukla-s-the-parrot-shrieks-2-a... ), ISSN 2249-2062, Issue 2, Oct 2011. Web. (Co-author) 5. “Formative Influence of Swami Vivekananda on Subhash Chandra Bose: A Biographical Study.” (http://www.articlesbase.com/literature-articles/formative-influence-of-swami-vivekananda-on-subhash-chandra-bose-a-biographical-study-2157719.html ). Web. 6. “Social Exploitation and Oppression in Mulk Raj Anand’s Untouchable: A Subaltern Study.” New Horizon in Development of the Weaker Communities in India (ISBN- 978-93-80685-19-9). Ed. Prof. A.K. Singh, Lucknow: New Royal Book Company, 2010, 244-249. Print. (Co-author)
Paper Presented in Seminar:
1 "Spiritualism and Thoughts of Swami Vivekananda" at National Seminar on “Management of Indian Systems of Medicine & Dynamics of Life-Style” sponsored by Planning Commission, Govt. of India, New Delhi, held at Lucknow, June 10- 11, 2006. 2. "Library: Its Concept and Contribution to Higher Education and User Satisfaction" at National Conference on Enhancing Users Satisfaction through I. T. Application in Libraries” organized by Teerthankar Mahaveer University, Moradabad, U.P., April 23-24, 2011. 3. "Unheard Voice of Hindi Poets for Reservation Policy" at National Seminar on “Role of Reservation for the Upliftment of Backward Classes” sponsored by UGC, New Delhi, held at MGMSM, Sambhal, Bheemnagar, U.P., Nov 27-28, 2011.
Selected Articles/ Book Reviews and Interviews in Magazines and Newspapers:
1. “Pranayadharmi Giton ka Gayan: Parampara se Uttar-Adhunikta Tak”- a review article in Hindi on Shri Dinesh Singh’s Tedhe Medhe Dhai Akhar, Golkonda Darpan, Hyderabad, A.P. (July, 2007):38-40. 2. “Vartman Kavita Evam Uske Bhavishya ki Sambhavnayain”- an article in Hindi, Golkonda Darpan, Hyderabad, A.P. (Nov., 2007):30-32. 3. “Filmi Giton ko Sahradayata se Swikar Karain”- an article in Hindi on the issue ‘Gitkar Bada ya Kavi?’, Sunday Ananda, Amar Ujala (March 31, 2008): 02. 4. “Aaj ke Mahanagariya Jivan ka Sach”- a book review of Dr. Ramakant Kshitiz’s Adhura Sach, Deshdharm, Etawah, U.P. (June, 2008):02. 5. “Kalamkar ki Pida”- an article in Hindi on Shri Amarkantji and Shri Dinesh Singhji”, Yughulchul, Indore, M.P. (Aug., 2008):44-45. 6. “AIDS Niyantran main Shiksha, Sahitya aur Samaj ki Bhumika”- an article in Hindi, Yughulchul, Indore, M.P. (Dec., 2008):38-39. 7. “Hindi Giton ke Sarokar”- an article in Hindi, Deshdharma, Etawah, U.P. (Nov. 26, 2008):02. 8. “Prakhyat Gitkar Dinesh Snigh ki Rachanadharmita: Samar Karate Huye ke Sandharbh Se”- a review article in Hindi, Golkonda Darpan, Hyderabad, A.P. (May, 2008):25-27. 9. “Kolahal se Uthatin Manviya Dhwaniyon ka Album”- a book review of Yogendra Varma Vyom’s Is Kolahal Main, Pressmen ed. Upendra Pal Singh, Bhopal, M.P. (Dec.20, 2008):09. 10. “Niji Swartha ko Tyagna Hoga”- an interview with renowned author Dr. Abdul Aziz Ankur, Deshdharma, Etawah, U.P. (June, 2008):02. 11. “Manushyata ko Bachaye Rahana Jaruri Hai!”- an interview with renowned critic, poet, novelist, author and editor Dr. Vedprakash Amitabh, Deshdharma, Etawah, U.P. (Sep.14, 2008):02. 12. “Norwey se Sammanit Dr Mahesh Diwakar se ek Sakshatkar”- an interview with this renowned poet, author and editor, Uttar Kesari, Moradabad, U.P. (Dec. 21, 2008):06 13. “Hamare Jivan ki Hakikat Bayan Karatin Gazalain” (Critique on Puchana hai Tumse Sirf Itna by Saiyyed Ram Rahim), Abinav Prasangvash (A Literary magazine in Hindi) ed. Dr.Vedprakash Amitabh, Aligargh (Oct.-Dec.,2008): 116-118. 14. “Basanti Sushma main Jivan ke Rang Khojitin Kavitayain” (Article on Ritu-Basanti by Dr. S.C. Gupta), Sahityayan (A Literary Journal in Hindi) ed. Dr. Suresh Chandra Gupta, Bareilly (December, 2008): 28-29. 15. “Har Rachanakar Moolatah Swapndarshee Hota Hai”- an interview with renowned author Dinesh Paliwal, Abhinav Prasangvash, Aligarh, U.P. (Jan-June, 2010):09. 16. Interviews with the Hindi poets- Sarvshri Gulab Singh, Satyanarayan, Kumar Raveendra, Veerndra ‘Astik’, Anand Kumar ‘Gaurav’ and Yogendra Varma ‘Vyom’ are also published by Print and Web Magazines/ Newspapers. (2011). 17. “Hindi Geet: Kathya aur Tathya”- an article in Hindi, Jansandesh Times, Lucknow, U.P. (Jan 08, 2012):10.
Papers Anthologized in Books:
- "Suyodhan: Ek Samiksha", in Jagdish Piyush ki Rachnadharmita ed. Shri Ravindra Kaliya & Shri Dinesh Singh, Naye-Purane (Raibarelly: Maksad Prakashan, 2006):301-316.
- "Janata ke Mukhar Kavi Kailash Gautam" in Kailash Gautam Smriti Anka ed. Dinesh Singh, Naye-Purane (Raibarelly: Maksad Prakashan, 2007): 205-209.
Editing: 1. Sub-editor of the Hindi book “Mahakavi Brijbhushan Singh Gautam Anurag”, Moradabad: A.B.S.K.M. Prakashan, 2009 2. Acting Editor of ‘Naye-Purane' (Magazine of Hindi Verse), Raibareli, U.P. The editor of this magazine is renowned lyricist, poet, songwriter and critic Dr. Dinesh Singh. 3. Founder-Editor of a web magazine ‘Geetpahal' (www.geetpahal.webs.com ) and Editor (Hindi Literature) of Khabar Indiya (www.khabarindiya.com ). 4. Blog-writer and editor (www.poorvabhas.blogspot.com ) 5. Editor of International Journal of Higher Education and Research. ISSN- 2277-260X
1. English poems, Hindi songs, free verse poems, short-stories, interviews and critiques (published in reputed newspapers, magazines and web-magazines of English and Hindi literature) 2. My Hindi songs were published by The Press Man in its issue- Yuva Geetkar Anka, dated May 30, 2009. 3. My Hindi geet-navgeet were published in the anthology Moradabad Janpad ke Pratinidhi Rachanakar, 2010. 4. My English poems are collected in the anthology A String of Words edited by Irish poet Marie Shine and published by PBD, Barielly, U.P. 5. My Hindi lyrics/ poems are collected in the anthology Madhyam edited by renowned poet Nirmal Shukl and published by Uttarayan Sansthan, Lucknow, U.P.
1. Translated King Lear (Author: William Shakespeare) from English to Hindi. Ayodhya: Bhavadiya Prakashan, 2005. 2. Translated English poems of Australian poet Paddy Martin to Hindi, which are published by www.srijangatha.com and www.poorvabhas.blogspot.com .
Press Release, February 8, 2012:
The Think Club Publications Announces Book of the Year Award for 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI, December 8, 2012 The Think Club Publication has chosen ‘Poorvabhas’ (http://www.poorvabhas.in/) for its 2011 Book of the Year award. Think Club Publication, from now on, will give this award to struggling and lesser known writers in helping and encouraging them in their endeavor. Think Club Publication may also choose writers from languages other than English. This year we chose the Hindi language. The Think Club chose ‘Poorvabhas’ for the award because of its effort in promoting fledgling Hindi writers through its web publication. ‘Poorvabhas’ has very effectively provided such a platform to amateur writers in an effort to strengthen Hindi language. Think Club Publications realizes the value of this effort and thus presents the Book of the Year award for 2011 to ‘Poorvabhas.’ We especially congratulate Mr. Abnish Singh Chauvan for creating such an effective platform for Hindi writers and poets.
Anil Shrivastava Partner And Managing Editor Think Club Publications PO Box 451 Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303-0451, USA
- साक्षात्कार 1, 2, 3,
My Lyrics:<kaltura-widget kalturaid='0_lm8sfi2z' size='M' align='C'/>
Use the scroll bar on the right to see the full list below:
--abnish 05:56, 5 September 2010 (UTC)
Visit on my Friends' User Pages on Wikieducator
- Anuj Agarwal
- Darshan Khurana
- Pragati Varshney
- Engg Santosh
- Dr.Navneet Kumar
Feedback And Notes From My WikiNeighbours
(: Dear Abnish, warm welcome to the WE family of educators and learners! Regards, Anil Prasad 08:48, 4 September 2010 (UTC))
- (: Dear Abnish, it is nice to see the progress on your page. L4C workshops are a great learning experience. You should visit existing userpages to get more ideas. Click on here to visit my userpage. Also visit the India page by clicking on the hyperlink here. Warm welcome.--Dr. Gita Mathur 09:55, 4 September 2010 (UTC))
(: Hi Abnish, you've done a wonderful job on this page. CONGRATULATIONS! Now fill in the personal infobox at the top of your page so that you will get wiki certification. Regards Anil Prasad 15:24, 4 September 2010 (UTC))