Things to do
- Create more general use templates like these and document how to use them in the Wikieducator tutorial
- Identify content pages requiring images by using the Image needed template
- Reduce the number of pages in the Needs Categorisation category.
- Help us find free content images on the Pages needing images list.
- Apply to work on a Bounty.
- Provide feedback on our draft Governance Policy by posting on the talk page.
- Help us design and restructure access to WikiEducator content on the Ideas4Content Page
- Visit our Wishlist page for a growing list of community needs.
- Develop new design templates that standardize the input of newly designed materials to a certain point, giving it a unique WikiEducator look. These templates allow for add-ons to support the developer's uniqueness, so leave some room for individuality.
- Develop a style guide for WikiEducator similar to that of Wikipedia.
- Establish a editorial board for Wikieducator (or will this be part of the WE Council's duties).
- Establish a rotating and/or changing Pool of Quality Reviewers (instructional designer pool), who would assure the quality of uploaded materials and that its set standards are met.
- Develop a software that allows photos in the Wiki to be resized directly in the Wiki.
- Develop additional pedagogical templates as the scope is limited.
- Create a navigation tool that allows to navigate from one page to the next without using the "back" or "Forward" button.
- Browse around WikiEducator and learn what this wiki is about, and how it can benefit you and how you can use it and contribute to it so as to help benefit others.
- Welcome to online sharing
We use a Google group to facilitate discussion around WikiEducator. Please feel free to join.
- Creative Commons Global Summit Updates
- *Apologies for the cross-posting.* Greetings Open Education Colleagues: I am pleased to share this Creative Commons Global Summit update: https://creativecommons.org/2020/06/23/cc-global-summit...
- — Cable Green 2020-06-23 19:36:27
- Smoothing the transition to online learning during COVID19
- Hi everyone, Just a brief note to share information about the OER4COVID support group and a free online course starting on 6 May 2020. *OER4COVID* <https://oer4covid.oeru.org/> To minimis...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2020-04-24 00:38:49
- Budding Economist Badge- proposal
- Friends, Shall we introduce a badge for students who log on to Million Pillars Economy project page and write an article on the proposed principal theory or sub-theories? Article should be of minim...
- — Anil 2019-11-25 16:06:27
- Million Pillars Economy Open Theory Development
- Hello friends, Some ideas on how to participate in the Million Pillars Economy Open Theory Development project is added on the project page. Please visit https://wikieducator.org/Million_Pillar...
- — Anil 2019-11-16 01:17:32
- MILLION PILLARS ECONOMY theory development - way forward
- Friends, Yesterday *Steve* asked a very important question on how the participants are supposed to participate in the Million Pillars Economy theory development project. Yes, it is time to get thin...
- — Anil 2019-11-03 05:28:47
- Million Pillars Economy Theory Development Project
- Friends, Million Pillars Economy theory development project on WikiEducator is getting enriched every day at https://wikieducator.org/Million_Pillars_Economy-_theory_development_project Please...
- — Anil 2019-10-27 15:36:20
- Wanna help improve digital literacies for learning online?
- Hi Everyone, Wanna help improve digital literacies for learning online? Just one week left to join our free #OER course. Starts 7 August - all learners welcome. Please share the gift of knowledge....
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2019-07-31 00:35:47
- Learning in a digital age micro-courses also available for independent study
- Hi Victor, In response to your earlier question, I should also add that the Learning in a Digital Age micro-courses are also available for independent study, which means learners can start at any t...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2019-07-24 21:23:54
There is also an email list for discussion on scholarly research of open educational resources. Please join us here.
WikiEducators w/ Blogs
Leigh Blackall - Learn Online
Failed to load RSS feed from http://learnonline.wordpress.com/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Steve Foerster - SteveFoerster.com
Steven Parker - Network Learning
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-1336261393483642012 What I have learned about MOOC design from participating in eLearning Experiences 2]
- — Steven Parkerhttp://email@example.com 2014-05-31 00:50:16
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-4797089207116760687 Technology Isn’t the Only Source of Innovation]
- — Steven Parkerhttp://firstname.lastname@example.org 2014-05-11 02:50:27
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-2637321823697329413 My personal philosophy on e-learning and it’s role in the future of education]
- — Steven Parkerhttp://email@example.com 2014-05-11 02:36:38
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-4070502162259164733 Master Learners, Learner Centered Design and Master Courses]
- — Steven Parkerhttp://firstname.lastname@example.org 2010-03-02 22:50:20
Nellie Deutsch - Free Online Learning
Phil Bartle - Phil's Rants
(Thoughts about WikiEducator and its implications.
Benjamin Stewart - Teachers for Interactive Language Learning
Failed to load RSS feed from http://benjaminleestewart.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss: There was a problem during the HTTP request: 404 Not Found
Patricia Schlicht - Teacher Collaboration
Failed to load RSS feed from http://groups.google.com/group/wikieducator-teacher-collaboration-forum/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml/rss_v2_0_topics.xml: There was a problem during the HTTP request: 404 Not Found
Failed to load RSS feed from http://edutoolkit.wordpress.com/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Failed to load RSS feed from http://wikieducator.org/index.php?title=User:JimTittsler/Blog&action=feed&feed=rss: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Building Blogs of Science
Failed to load RSS feed from http://buildingblogsofscience.wordpress.com/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Failed to load RSS feed from http://talkingteaching.wordpress.com/author/kubke/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Del.icio.us tag: wikieducator (http://delicious.com/tag/wikieducator)
Failed to load RSS feed from http://feeds.delicious.com/v2/rss/tag/wikieducator: HTTP request timed out.
Active WikiEducator Projects
Projects on WikiEducator
If you know of any Projects that are not listed here, please add them.
Work with other WikiEducators - Help wanted.
List of Projects by Country
All Countries Page
There are two new templates for creating navigation boxes for WikiEducator content: Template:TopicsWithSubpages is for more complex hierarchical content, and for simpler content, see: Template:ProjectNav. Please make comments or suggestions on the Discussion pages. brent 08:57, 8 January 2008 (CET)
New and Refurbished Templates
We are doing some work on existing templates and creating some new ones here in T&T. Check out Template:CA , Template:FA , Template:Commons , Template:Image needed , Template:Content_infobox and Template:Feedback (this is now also embedded in Pedagogical Templates as a parameter]] ); and Template:WIP has a new look. Note that some of these are still in development.
--Phsi 21:32, 14 June 2007 (CEST)
Note to Template creators
Please try to include some usage instructions under your template using the "noinclude" tags, or in the Templates talk page and add to the Templates or Tools category. Cheers. brent 00:00, 27 May 2007 (CEST)
We've started an initiative to welcome new members to our community called Wikineighbours. --Mackiwg 04:30, 30 May 2007 (CEST)