Proposal for Action: Expand roles for distributed and networked leadership
|OERu 2014 Events|
|OERu 14.11 Meeting of anchor partners||Homepage | Logistics | Agenda | Virtual participants | Face-to-face participants | Report|
- 1 Strategic goal
- 2 Strategic objective
- 3 Strategic approach
- 4 Key performance indicator(s) for 2015
- 5 2015 outputs
- 6 Clarifying notes, additional considerations and discussion points
- 7 Summary description
- 8 Inputs
- 9 Activity schedule
- 10 Do you have issues which should be tabled at the OERu Council of CEOs meeting?
Objective 3: Improve communications and build capability to expand roles for distributed and networked leadership to implement the OERu
Focus: Expand roles for distributed and networked leadership.
- A leadership model informed by the principles of meritocracy.
- Learn by doing approach where prospective community leaders build capability by working with more experienced OERu collaborators.
Key performance indicator(s) for 2015
(Provide recommendation for recalibrated target if necessary)
- Establish regional / national OERu hubs aiming to achieve 4 regional / national OERu meetings
- Expand OERu community leadership roles (and corresponding buddy system to mentor new community leaders.)
- Recommendations for establishing regional OERu hubs (Goals and objectives, how they should function and liaise with the OERu structures.)
- Identify leadership gaps and corresponding proposals to expand and support new community leadership roles.
Clarifying notes, additional considerations and discussion points
- Add any clarifications here
Provide short description / overview of this proposal for action here
|#||Activity||Summary description||Responsibility||Target date / Duration|
|Example||Survey 1st year BGS requirements||Conduct a survey of OERu partners with a BGS to determine subject requirements for 1st year of study||Curriculum & programme of study group (or individual / institution)||15 April 2015 (or ongoing)|
|1||Git 'er done||Internal university team - mix of appropriate skill levels necessary to complete course development. EG library, instructional design, ed tech, etc. Avoid committee bog-down. Put courses into workflow. Look for academic champions. Keep clear of academic/bureaucratic minefields. Keep team agile.||TBD||March 2015|
|2||Global community||Stay global - have world leaders not regional - create global (UNESCO/OERu/world chairs or fellows/ reference group leaders - representing each of the different areas eg library, ID, technical specialties, academic fields. Carefully described role e.g. mentor, leadership. Term limited.||TBD||March 2015|
|3||Stack overflow||Get away from centralized approach to OERu Q&A. Automated help desk approach with stack overflow FAQ - automated - put questions back to the community. Build leadership within the WikiEducator or OERu community. People build reputations by providing good answers.||TBD||March 2015|
Do you have issues which should be tabled at the OERu Council of CEOs meeting?
During group discussions, if any issues arise which in your opinion should be tabled at the OERu meeting of Chief Executive Officers, please add them directly to to the CEOs issues page here.