The Open University 2015 IAP
|Name of OERu partner||The Open University|
|Contact person for this IAP||Patrina Law (Head of Third Party Online Commissioning)|
|eMail for IAP contact person||Patrina.Law@open.ac.uk|
|Name of primary OERu contact||Belinda Tynan (Pro Vice-Chancellor Learning & Teaching)|
|eMail of primary OERu contact||Belinda.Tynan@open.ac.uk|
The focus of The Open University as a (non-teaching) partner of OERu for 2015 is to manage the allocation of agreed open courses already linked from the OERu platform, whilst developing new materials. This will provide courses that contribute to the proposed subject streams by OERu whilst continuing to reach underserved groups requiring the development of skills, an activity which also forms part of the University’s social mission and recruitment strategy. The Open University will also benefit from aligning with the high profile network and platform that is the OERu, to share with and learn from best practice in the OER community.
- To increase the number of free, open online courses linked from OERu up to an additional ten over the forthcoming year
- For all courses linked from OERu to present learners (upon successful completion) with a Statement of Participation and a digital badge (the latter where an assessment is required to pass the course)
- To retain the strategic focus of Badged Open Courses (BOCs) and the social mission of The Open University to reach underserved groups of learners
- To share best practice in the OER community
- To retain and develop The Open University’s position in the OER community
Participation in OERu working groups
|Name of staff member||email address||Assigned OERu working group(s)||Total FTE days|
* Note: shared activity where time permits.