WikiEducator Technical Help
This section is for help with WikiEducator specific features. Some are quite advanced and require some technical expertise to set up.
- Are there any templates designed to help set up educational portals on WikiEducator?
- Is this possible? e.g. to be able to use and access a snapshot of WikiEducator in a lab with no Internet access. This would also be useful for demo purposes and tutorials in such low/zero-bandwidth situations. Thanks Ktucker 11:02, 3 September 2007 (CEST)
- If you add the link to your favorites, in the process (at least in Explorer) there is a check box to make content available offline. If you then click customize you can elect to also have linked pages available offline and you can choose how deep the linkage can be (2 or three pages deep for example). Dmccabe 05:41, 19 November 2007 (CET)
Number of views/hits
- Is it possible to find out how many times a course has been viewed? I know how to look at the edit history but it would be really useful to have a hit counter or something similar. Cheers,--Alex Tait 22:54, 14 December 2010 (UTC)
- There is a simple hit counter at the bottom of each page (in most skins) This page has been accessed nnn,nnn times. Because of caching and the way pages can be transcluded into other pages, it can be inaccurate, but it is a first approximation. JimTittsler 01:43, 15 December 2010 (UTC)
"You have new messages" - blank page
When I login a message is displayed with a link to new messages which is always a blank page. Last time I checked this appeared to be a Liquid Threads issue and fixing it seemed pointless as a new release of MediaWiki was due. Status? - Kim Tucker 03:23, 16 December 2010 (UTC)