How WikiEducator is used
WikiEducator was conceived as a website for educators to develop free educational content that anyone can use, modify and distribute. As the WikiEducator community has evolved, distinct uses of the site have emerged:
- Free Content development - these are the actual content pages
- Pages that make up OERu courses
- Planning pages for Projects developing free educational content
- Community Network nodes which facilitate a range of free content activities
- Research projects hosted on WikiEducator
How do I get involved with WikiEducator?
Getting involved with WikiEducator is easy. You are free to start a new initiative on WikiEducator right now.
- We're working with the Free Culture Movement to build a free version of the education curriculum by 2015 and we need all the help we can get.
Some WikiEducators commence with a planning page for their content while others start immediately with their free content page. Some WikiEducators help to build capacity among educators by presenting workshops using our Tutorials or participate in community discussions.
Starting a project
- Register an account on WikiEducator;
- Become an Ambassador or WikiNeighbour for WikiEducator by adding your name to the list;
- Join our WikiEducator and OERu community forum and our OERu realtime chat to help us build the project by participating in our community discussions;
- Start developing free content by adding your Content page to the list here;
- A planning page may be required for more ambitious projects, so add your planning page to the list and invite your friends and colleagues to join;
Exponential growth these past months on WikiEducator has necessitated us to rethink and reorganise our structure so that you can find your way more easily around the site. Feel free to add your thoughts and suggestions here.