|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|
Director, Organizational Development & Strategic Partnerships
The Director of Organizational Development & Effectiveness for the OER Foundation will facilitate strategic, administrative and organizational change to increase performance and build organizational capacity. S/he will design, develop and manage the implementation and evaluation of programs, partnerships, processes and performance interventions for the WikiEducator Community; comprising of educational institutions and learning organizations; corporate and not-for-profit members; governments and agencies; and individual clusters of WikiEducators.
The Director will collaborate closely with the OER Foundation's Executive Management; stakeholders, founding members, strategic partners, sponsors and program/project team members to ensure alignment and integration of strategies, programs, projects and activities for successful, sustainable and scalable implementation and results.
- Ensures the development and implementation of organization-wide strategies, prioritizing organizational efforts and resources towards strategic, development and education activities critical to the OER Foundation's vision, mission, culture, values, and priorities;
- Consults with institutional stakeholders on the organizational design and structure of their departments and designs and facilitates appropriate team development interventions including mentoring and coaching and train-the-trainer approach to increase organizational capacity, buy-in and alignment, and a greater return on investment;
- Applies a community-of-practice approach to traditional project management for community engagement, a sense of pride and ownership, increased performance and faster return on investment;
- Conducts needs assessments and performance analysis to design performance interventions to achieve short-, medium- and long-term goals and objectives of the OER Foundation's stakeholders;
- Incorporates participatory engagement and a learning system ecology approach to support meaningful project involvement and mutual learning among all stakeholders and communities.
- Identifies leadership needs, and effective training/learning and/or performance interventions to maximize leadership effectiveness, learning and productivity;
- Manages the OER Foundation's performance management process, including process design, material design, development, and training/learning and continuous improvement;
- Assists, supports, and monitors strategic and professional development activities; identifies, qualifies and supports high potential talent to meet developing requirements and opportunities;
- Facilitates advocacy, information-gathering, debrief and feedback, communication and reporting to stakeholders;
- Identifies and qualifies strategic partners; facilitates relationship development and project implementation; strengthens networking, partnership and collaboration opportunities within and among Open Education Networks; and disseminates results for increased stakeholder profile, recognition and opportunities;
- Assesses and monitors the effectiveness of all learning, development and training initiatives and performance interventions against defined metrics; Guides leadership in responding toe emerging issues and opportunities, problem-solving and dispute resolution.