|Occupation:||Educational Technology and Learning Transformation Consultant|
Welcome to my patch in the Knowledge Garden of WikiEducator!
My name is Vasi and I am a life long and wide learner, passionate about finding new ways to effectively use ICT and emerging technologies in particular Web 2.0 tools and social media to engage and inspire learners and create learning opportunities for diverse and widely dispersed communities.
I'm looking forward to engage in a healthy intellectual exchange and fruitful discussions with other fellow educators passionate about sharing knowledge and creating free learning opportunities for all.
I'm also interested to explore further the CoP model based on Etienne Wenger's extensive work and research  and implement it in the professional development context of higher education. The Wikieducator community is a great example of that.
Last but not least is my passion about learning and making it as open and as accessible to as many people as possible. The first step towards that is building awareness and promoting OER within my institution as well as the wider community of educators.
If you share any of my interests and passions you are welcome to contribute to my facilitated pages below.
Seeded knowledge patches:
- OER_university/Planning/Open_Praxis_OERu_paper - coordinating and contributing to the writing of a collaborative article about OERu <- contributions welcome!
- OER4Ed - workshop I developed to provide participants with a brief overview of Open Educational Resources (OER) and the advantages of using them. It is best suited for educators engaged in teaching and learning but will be also beneficial to staff developers and managers. Could be facilitated online or face to face.
- Core skills 4 educators - trying to identify the capability and skills educators need today and tomorrow <- contributions welcome!
- Guide to gardening and wiki facilitation - a simple guide to wiki facilitation.
Wiki workshops I have completed
- EL4C6 - got my introduction to wiki educator and achieved my WikiApprentice Level 1 badge.
- OCL4Ed - learned a lot about the different Creative Commons Licenses and how educators can effectively use them in their practice.
- EL4C52 - refreshed my wiki skills and learned more about advanced editing features and achieved my WikiApprentice Level 2 badge.
Wiki workshops I have facilitated
- EL4C52 - 15 - 27 Feb 2012, 164 participants from 31 countries.
- OCL4Ed 2012.06 - 20 June - 3 July 2012, 516 participants from 72 countries.
||By signing this optional learning contract I will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a Wikibuddy. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing a workshop OER4Ed licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.|
| Brief description of project
|| This workshop will provide participants with a brief overview of Open Educational Resources (OER) and the advantages of using them. |
| Target date for completion
|| 30 March 2012 - completed|
|| --Vasi Doncheva 20:23, 20 February 2012 (UTC)|
Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
Heary Congratulations, Vasi, on your excellent work on the OER workshop and on achieving the UPE award for April 2012. --Kalpana Gupte 07:51, 11 April 2012 (UTC)
(: Congratulations Vasi on your UPE Win! --Steph 22:24, 8 April 2012 (UTC))
Dear Vasi, Congratulations for being the April 2012 UPE winner nedal shatat
(: Dear Vasi, Congratulations for being the April 2012 UPE winner!Your were so fast in making these edits !!!!Keep the good work.Best Regards--Balqis Thaahaveettil 20:34, 8 April 2012 (UTC))
- Hi Vasi ,Your page is looking beautiful with those violet and blue flowers .Congrats on your achievement of WE Apprentice level two certification !You have done edits brilliantly .Looking forward to seeing from you more on this magical platform -- Balqis Thaahaveettil 22:15, 24 February 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for your comments Balquis. I love the flowers too - took a picture of them while walking my dog :-) I'm also excited about learning more how to make a better use of wikieducator.----Vasi Doncheva 08:06, 26 February 2012 (UTC)
(: Dear Vasi, Congratulations for being the April 2012 UPE winner!Your page has shown great progress recently. Do keep growing....I love gardens and flowers too. You may enjoy looking at my flower photographs on my page. Hope to collaborate with you. Warm wishes--Dr. Gita Mathur 14:20, 8 April 2012 (UTC)) (: Dear Vasi, Congratulations for being the April 2012 UPE winner!Your were so fast in making these edits !!!!Keep the good work.Best Regards--Balqis Thaahaveettil 20:34, 8 April 2012 (UTC))
(: Dear Vasi, Congratulations for being the April 2012 UPE winner!--Ravi limaye 11:55, 4 May 2012 (UTC))
(: Congratulations Vasi - it's great to have this recognition.--Onlinei 01:45, 2 May 2012 (UTC))