|Employer:||Open University of Sri Lanka|
|Other roles:||Learning4Content Facilitator|
Today is: 3, December 2022
Course Titile - Reinforced Concrete Design
Course Code - CEX4231
Target Group - Level 4 Engineering Technology (Civil) Undergradutes
1. To introduce the theory and applications of analysis and design in reinforced concrete.
2. To develop an understanding in to the behaviour and design of reinforced concrete structures.
To prepare designers on the effective use of design code and standard formulas in the design of reinforced concrete members.
At the end of lessons, the student should be able to understand the theoretical background and practical application of concrete design. He should also be able to apply the knowledge in designing safe and economical elements/structures in concrete. Following summarizes the learning outcomes of the subject,
(1) Basics concepts of structural concrete design: loads, strengths, design codes, limit states
(2) Design of superstructure components: slab, beams, columns and staircases
(3) Design of substructure components: foundations
(4) Reinforcement detailing of components
(5) Different analysis techniques
You can see following viedos
1. [Introduction http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIdaC_I6H_M]
2. [Materials http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Do2cZMUGYc]
3. [Different methods of design http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba3mZhOpsTM]
I am working in Open University of Sri Lanka|Photo= >
<a rel="license" href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/deed.en_US"><img alt="Creative Commons License" style="border-width:0" src="http://i.creativecommons.org/l/by/3.0/80x15.png" /></a>
This work is licensed under a <a rel="license" href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/deed.en_US">Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License</a>