Hi, Wikineighbours, my name is Julia Zhou, I'm 29 years old. I'm an English teacher living in Shanghai, China. I teach primary and secondary school students. I have taught in a Junior middle school in my hometown for three years. After I came to Shanghai, I had worked in many different jobs: salesperson, course consultant, etc. Currently I'm refocusing my career on teaching English. I come from a family of teachers. My father is a high-school maths teacher, he's retired; my older brother is a lecturer in a software-testing training school; my mother is not a teacher, her greatest regret is that she never had a chance to be a "real" teacher, she's retired too. We all live together.
What I've been doing
- Teaching English as a Second Language
- I've been doing English-Chinese translation on the YeeYan. This site is for translating and sharing information on the web, especially sharing updated news, thoughts in English language with Chinese netizens. Months ago, I translated several articles written by Mark Pesce into Chinese, including "why we wiki?","Fluid learning","The Alexandrine Dilemma", "Hypercasting", these articles are about the fast changing on-line world and e-learning trend. I think it's the first time I know about Wiki and share it with my readers.It's fun and broadened my vision of this world.But it's the EL4C25 brought me really into this process,see :)
If you are interested in my projects or have any suggestions, pls feel free to contact me, or leave message on my talk page! Thanks!
- 2004 Auditor in English Department in Fudan University
- 2001 training course in Peking University
- 2000 Graduated from Wuhan University, major in English
- 1999 Hubei QianJiang Teacher Training school, major in Music
- Mia Michaels is an outstanding choreographer both in commercial and artistic field, I love her because she is not only an excellent choreographer, but also a good teacher. She has an amazing connection with her dancers and audiences. She nurtures them and explores soul with them.
- I've never seen such excellent dancer like Gigi Torres, the intricate motion of her hiphop move impressed me. I wish I could be a dancer like her.
Feedbacks&Notes from my Wikineighbors
- Great to see you in the tutorial, Julia, and to see your user page. Do you have any concerns about the quality of educational resources developed using an open authoring approach? If so, what are your concerns? If not, how does an open authoring approach contribute to high quality learning materials?--Phil Bartle 22:57, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hello Julia. It's great to have you in the EL4C25 Workshop! I look forward to seeing how your user page develops. It looks great so far! If I can be of any assistance, let me know.--Benjamin Stewart 23:33, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
- You are doing an excellent job. Keep it up. --Nellie Deutsch 20:17, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
Hello Julia,nice to meet you as well.There is nothing"liao bu qi"at all,just want to do something to help the students there,since i think e-learning can really help a lot for the students who are in the rural area.
- Yep,I agree with you. You've done a great job though. Looking forward to your updated page. I wonder if I could do something for the kids via e-learning. I just start learning it yet, hope we can collaborate for it in the future--heyjulia 10:50, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hello, I'm Alejandra Guajardo from Peru, I'm your WikiNeighbour!! You are doing a really great job with your page Congratulations!! I hope you continue adding content and maybe some pictures. If you need help with your user's page or have questions please just let me know here or through my user page. Best wishes --Alejacha 02:30, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
- Congratulations! You have done an incredible job. I am looking forward to seeing your project develop. Please feel free to ask for help. --Nellie Deutsch 07:55, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you, Nellie:)--heyjulia 15:33, 20 June 2009 (UTC)