Storytelling/course mini conference/
- 1 Mini Conference on Storytelling
- 1.1 Live Online Conferences
- 1.2 Participants
- 1.3 Date and Time
- 1.4 Place
- 1.5 Recordings of the Live Session on WiZiQ
- 1.6 Comments and Feedback for the Mini-Conference Sessions
- 1.7 Brainstorming
Mini Conference on Storytelling
Do you get inspired and think of a story or write one when you listen to music, look at a photo, image or watch a movie? Perhaps you have many stories to tell but never had a chance to tell them. If you are curious, want to share your stories, or just listen to others', add your name to the list in preparation for a mini-conference on storytelling.
Live Online Conferences
Please add your name to the list:
Date and Time
Friday, November 21, 2008 at 4PM EST or check the time in your time zone.
Recordings of the Live Session on WiZiQ
Video recordings of the last storytelling mini-conference session, Friday, November 7, 2008, where we enjoyed practicing using WizIQ.
Comments and Feedback for the Mini-Conference Sessions
- Comments and Feedback
Feel free to add your thoughts here.
Plan a PowerPoint presentation/images/photos/Youtube video and tell your story.
- I would be interested in storytelling as it relates to conflict resolution, peacemaking, peacebuilding, and cultural relevance --Randy Fisher 15:42, 17 October 2008 (UTC)
- Are you planning to address storytelling through images? I want students to search online for a powerful image - is that storytelling? --Vtaylor 13:41, 5 November 2008 (UTC)
Needs Assessment Survey
- I would be interested in creating a needs assessment survey to find out what stories people like to hear. Volunteers accepted.
Richard GreenRichard Green's website
The 2006 Five-Minute Folktale Challenge
Two folk tales shown on the video below are by Martha Hamilton and Mitch Weiss: The Stolen Smell, and A Tale of Two Frogs. These two tales illustrate lessons students can develop to engage an audience's attention while encouraging discussion on the outcome of positive attitudes. <kaltura-widget kalturaid='ckgthuz00c' size='L' align='C'/> <kaltura-widget kalturaid='dz7p9akgf4' size='L' align='C'/>
- Putting Stories to Work - too bad the courses are not free.