We all want to help, the question is, how can we support each other and help ourselves in the process
The purpose of the culture wiki
|The Culture Wiki is an evolving community intended for the collaborative:
- planning of educational culture projects linked with the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) using free education resources, to develop free content;
- development of free content for the Culture Wiki for e-learning purposes;
- work on building open education resources (OERs) for culture on how to create OERs for culture.
- networking with the culture community, to assess needs and feasibility, and seek funding to start developing free content in the area of culture.
Join us today ~ You'll be glad you did!
|WikiEducator is a dynamic and exciting community of educators who believe passionately that learning materials should be free and open to all. Check out the exciting roles in our community.
Get Involved ~ There are so many ways
Next Free Learning Opportunity
To help achieve our #1 goal of a free version of the education curriculum by 2015, we are pleased to offer free training in the use of Basic Wiki Editing skills on a regular basis using the WikiEducator Tutorials.
If you would like to be involved in the next free online training opportunity (with faciliator support) - please register yourself, see how to do this right here:
For online workshops
Registering directly on the Wiki
Online Workshop: June 15-19, 2009
- You must have a valid WikiEducator user account before using this option for registration. Consult the instructions on how to create a new account.
- Click on the button below, a new window will open and follow the instructions on screen.
- Note - email registration is not required if you use this option.
Registering via email
To register by email for an upcoming L4C Workshop, please send an email to the L4C Coordinator with the following details:
- Country of Residence
- Your First name:
- Your Last name:
- Prof. Designation:
- Email address :
- Phone number including country code for international dialing:
In the news
|We need your help
- National Folklore Support Centre an South Indian NGO is currently working on their contribution of six lessons intended for students of Computer Animation to the WikiEducator Culture Wiki. Coming soon here
- Canada has hosted its first session of Intergovernmental Committee for the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions in December 2007.
|We believe that
- increasing cultural awareness and promoting exchanges between culture and development is one of the basic requirements in acting as agent of change, thereby working on an in-country level with in-country expertise in the developing world.
- by creating awareness and building in-country capacity, we can reduce the gap of misconceptions and increase access to education by using existing culture to build on, and to promote activities, thereby raising the level of understanding.
- developing an understanding of the cultural differences in social, economic and cultural environments and how to manage them will help, bring the world closer together.
- an innovative approach to developing skills to solve the challenges that arise, using a range of different approaches, to creating open educational resources in the area of culture and development subjects will contribute to bridging our differences and will create a new understanding and opportunities among ourselves.
- Building strong communities – by building on existing cultures, and common purposes and values, thereby promoting mutual respect, responsibility and trust in a diverse socio-cultural environment will be a good platform to build on.
The following principles can be applied:
- Education for All (EFA) proceeding on the basis that all cultures can learn given sufficient opportunity, time, means, support and access will make a big difference in people's lives. What is Culture
- An open mind is always willing to act on a range of different suggestions, proposals and/or different views by considering other ways in which results can be produced and solutions can be reached.
- 9th Annual Multicultural Business Conference, April 29 - May 1, 2009, at Disney' Contemporary resort in Orlando, Florida, USA
- Workshop on Folklore Fieldwork and Online Archiving with Wiki, February 18, 2008 to March 16, 2008, Udupi, Karnataka, India
- International Conference on African Culture and Development, April 20-24, 2008, Accra, Ghana
Brainstorming ideas incorporating Culture aspects
Please add your ideas on the Idea Page!
| Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.